slingin hash and makin eggs

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

$20,000 WV vs. SF

an excerpt of an email from my mother regarding our projected wedding budget:

"Just so Daddy and I will know, what does the $20,000 consist of? Filet mignon/champagne/open bar at the reception? A surprise visit and soliloquy by President Bush? Best wishes and
flowers from the mayor of San Francisco and his/her staff? Sky diving by you
and Tom to the redwood forest? Plane tickets for all your out-of-area
friends? Music by your favorite group at the reception? My imagination fails
me to think of anything else! The point is that we want to be aware why your
wedding has a high price tag. Daddy and I have discussed the issue and we are
thinking $*,000.00...since Caroline's wedding was economy priced, she warned us
that you would make us pay!!! Tee-hee."

i'm not making my parents pay sf prices. luckily tom and i have a good portion covered. yes!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weddins is spensive! Belive me.

 
At 9:23 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger j said...

20k in the bay is a bargain, and hard work, too. some places cost just that to rent! sigh. you will not get taken by the wedding machine. it wants to take your soul! but you are strong. yes. ;)

 
At 1:55 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger holly said...

God Bless your mother. God Bless you two for being prepared!

Jenni is an inspiration.

Stephen and I are working on our baffle-ment by the high $$$ wedding costs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home