slingin hash and makin eggs

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

career blahs

yesterday was hard. in yoga, i felt weak, and like i couldn't do half the poses i usually can....that started a downward spiral and my inner critic had a hayday (heyday??) anyway, i've been thinking about dance and how i make my living and how i'm not satisfied with my relationship to either of these things. over the weekend, i was in the woodlands, texas with tom and his family. it was a very nice time, but my almost-sister-in-law-in-law asked me about my job, and what i wanted to be doing, and i got really frustrated with myself that i didn't have an answer. another thing highlighted was my fear that i won't be a good mom. a.s.i.l.i.l. is an amazing mom, completely putting her children first. what if i am too selfish? ( i initially typed "too elfish".....what if i'm too elfish?!? what if i puncture my child with my pointy ears?!?!)

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger studio wellspring said...

re: elfish & selfish mom stuff...i highly suggest you talk to my sister. she's very real and open and is dealing with this exact issue right now.
(actually she'd be awesome for you to talk to about anything & everything!)

 
At 11:24 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Rebecca G said...

dear Maggie-

it appears you stopped your blog in the middle, derailed by a tangent. please continue, dear!

ps you are actually quite elfish, but it won't hurt your kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home